01 March, 2010

The End

Take a sip of a strong liquid,
scorching your throat, it aches, it sates
it waits, for life to slow down around you
you can hear longings of your heart
growing older, watching the purple sky
wonder why, the melody is haunting
why, the pain hurts yet keeps you alive
I'm looking for myself in everything new
but I'm just wandering... without you
'guess I'll keep humming the blues
a voice weaving tales of spirits in search
feeling full but void
like waves crashing against the rock
too much at stake, words are too loaded
sing me a ballad and put me to rest
another moon awaits my lament
its cold, I almost saw u standing here
the world still turns, tears still burn
waiting for the day, restlessly I see
visions of my life echoing at a distance
fainting into sweet and cruel blackness
the last drop from my flask is done with its task
I laugh at the devil, I have nothing to lose

2 comments:

  1. nothing to lose, indeed
    delectable soft seething pain
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. after two years. this is the first ever comment, on my blog. thank you.

    ReplyDelete