20 March, 2010

Asylum

Towards the fray ends of a time vortex
The silhouettes of the perverse soliloquy
stand as phantom guardians to the abyss
whose colourless walls mirror the caged hunger
A breeding ground of restless sporadic unknown fear
The dream becomes alive as skeletons rise above
And the dream takes you inside - the asylum

Inside the mirror's nightmare that nourishes despair
where every thought is twisted into a cynical realm
weaving every string into an inhuman fear
A symbol that unlocks the door to the netherworld
whose glimpses torture human comprehension
And when the world transcends the mirror
Awakens the soul and the face of the Asylum

An unchained melody reveals regrets and pain
A faint tune playing to a poetry of grief
Hues of an unfulfilled past tint my vision
I escape into another day dream before I die again
Transfixed by a kaleidoscopic view of a beast
I stare at my reality - but a reflection on the mirror
I hear echoes of the devil's laughter in my mind
The voices grow stronger with every sinister joke
I scream in gasps to escape the numbness
Watch the bloodless execution of hope, in anaesthesia
Asphyxiated by venomous excesses and paranoia
I fight the invisible walls of my own prison
But the path of faith is lost in the spirals of chaos
And trapped is my spirit in the Asylum of the mind.